Tuesday 30 June 2015

Why do I do it to myself? My scale addiction

We had a family dinner last night, and I knew before I got there that I would probably eat too much, and that the scales would not be my friend today.

I didn't overeat as much as I thought I would, but of course the scales showed a 900gm gain from yesterday. Now I know that I didn't gain nearly a kilo of fat overnight - it will be related to the salt & sugar overload yesterday.

Now, I'm not berating myself for enjoying a family dinner - I will never be one to miss out on a family feast - I am berating myself for getting on the scales this morning.

There was absolutely no need to. It's not weigh in day, I knew it would be bad and not reflective of my actual weight, but still I did it. I completely forgot the pledge I had made to myself about not stepping on the scales for a few days.

I don't need to weigh everyday, but it's like I have an addiction! And I know I am not the only one by far (come on, fess up!).

So I have put a reminder in my phone to not weigh for the next 2 days. It'll pop up on my phone before I get out of bed. It's going to take an insane amount of willpower, but I can't ask hubby to hide the scales, because then I might never get them back. Plus, I need to get in the habit of not weighing everyday, without intervention.

The scales are in a cupboard, so they're not even staring me in the face - it's just become automatic to get them out and hop on right before my shower.

So I pledge this: No weighing until Saturday. 

It's not perfect, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment